Monday, May 7, 2007

Sheep and Wooooooooool

The Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival was this weekend. Hubster, the monkey and I trekked over there to hunt for some loverly sock yarn for my Sockapalooza4 pal. I must say I was rather disappointed. I ended up finding some loverly yarn by some magical stroke of luck. Sheep and Wool was so packed that I had to carry my daughter for fear of her being swept up in the currant of knitters and fiber addicts. It was very difficult to see into any of the booths because of the people standing directly infront of everything and other people shoving their way into the itty bitty spaces that these vendors were allowed. I ended up getting two skeins of Just Our Yarn , local ladies. The colorways I got aren't on their webpage. I'll take pictures eventually. Hubster and the monkey were very well behaved and said they had a good time. Ofcourse Hubster got to get a Sarsparilla soda and the monkey got an ice cream cone with sprinkles. Everyone got a treat and came away happy. I'm not too sure if we'll go next year tho. Only bound to get crazier.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Hi Jess!
Thank you so much for the fabulous socks! I love love love the colour, and the fit is wonderful. I've never been to a fibre festival, but now I've got a souvenir!
Valerie