Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Beware of the Donut!

Apparently they can make you sick enough you make *really* good friends with the potties in your house. For an entire day. So I certainly won't be going anywhere near a donut for a good long while.

I have finally come up with a mitten pattern to use for my No-More-Hum-Drum-Mittens swap partner, Squirrelly Swedish Mittens My book never came to the LYS, or they never called me, so that narrowed the field a bit. I would eventually like to get the book, but I guess the universe doesn't want me to get it right now. Now to wait for my Knitpicks order to arrive. It is currently 'in process' so it should ship within a day or two and then I can start on the mittens. It's good that I have to wait though, my 2.25mm needles are currently occupied with UglySock so I wouldn't be able to start them right away anyway.

I am down to the last half of the repeat and I think I should be fine to start the toe decreases. Being sick has really put a damper on my knitting.

The day after I became ill I received my Socks of Doom in the mail. Bereni was my assassin and she sent me a lovely pair of warm blue socks. Now if only the weather here would get cold enough to warrant handknit socks!
Now I'm just waiting on the socks from my victim to send to my assassin's assassin's assassin. Hopefully she isn't dead yet!

No comments: