Monday, September 17, 2007

No More Hum-Drum Mittens Swap

I have signed up for another swap! I don't have any gloves or mittens for winter and thought it would be neat for someone else to make some for me! Of course I have to return the favor, but the best part about a swap is the other stuff you put in the package =)


1. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn?

I have been knitting for almost 3 years. I taught myself from a book my brothers ex-girlfriend gave me for Christmas 3 years ago.

2. Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I think I would call myself intermediate. Patterns and charts and techniques don't scare me. I haven't tried designing my own stuff yet though.

3. What are your favorite colors? Any you dislike?

My favorite colors would be blue, red, purple, gray. I'm not a fan of dark yellow or dark green.

4. Do you like Latvian type patterns? If so, what are your favorite patterns?

I like Latvian type patterns, I can't say I have a favorite though.

5. Do you desire mittens for yourself, your "special someone else" or your child?

For me =D

6. What other things do you enjoy knitting?

I mainly knit socks at the moment. I have also been known to knit scarves, hats, fingerless gloves and an occasional sweater (which was worn a grand total of one time before being tossed aside and declared too itchy. C has now announced that she would like a new sweater "A snuggly one this time mommy")

7. What sort of needles do you enjoy working with? (straights vs circs, bamboo vs aluminum)

My favorite needles at the moment are the knitpicks metal dpns. I think I am going to try to get my hands on some of the new Harmony ones. I told my husband to add them to the 'What to get Jess for Christmas' list. Somehow I think I will be buying them for myself.

8. What’s one project you’ve not yet tried but are dying to make?

The Deep V Argyle Vest by Eunny Jang. I'll get the pattern and the yarn one of these days...

9. What’s one yarn you’ve not yet tried but are dying to work with?

I'd like to see what all the fuss is over Malabrigo.

10. What other hobbies do you have? Do you spin? Sew? Garden? Cook?

I do counted cross stitch (like Mirabilia and Teresa Wentzler). I sew costumes and clothing and bags with my trusty Singer I 'borrowed' from my mother. I mess around with polymer clay and making soap sometimes too.

11. Besides yarn, do you collect anything?

Dust in my house? Dog hair? (It isn't long enough to spin even if I were a spinner.) I used to collect frog figurines and stuffed toys and such before I had my daughter. I'm not sure why I stopped.

12. What kind of goodies do you enjoy? Sweets? Salty? Anything you hate or are allergic to?

I enjoy anything that is tasty. I believe this is the reason that I have gained back 20 of the 50 lbs I lost last year...
Cookies, fudge, toffee. Cookies with fudge and toffee. Mmmm....
I have a tactile peanut allergy (it irritates my eczema) so no peanut brittle for me =(

13. Do you have any kids? Pets?

I have one human child (3), one fur-child (yellow labradog as my daughter calls her) and one husband.

14. What is your favorite part of Winter?

Hot chocolate. Snow. Snuggling under blankets.

15. What is your least favorite part of Winter?

The snow melting and leaving everything gray and dull =/

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree with your last two answers! They are also my favorites and least favorites!! But you forgot to say that you love to wear mittens!!! :)

JessN said...

The only mittens I have ever had were when I was about 7. They were pink and green, probably made from acrylic, by my great grandma. The only thing I remember about them is my hands would sweat horribly and still get really cold. It wasn't fun to play in the snow with those mittens. I insisted on store bought gloves with fingers after that lol. I would love to know where they were now though, just to have some wee mittens that my great grandma made. I should ask my mother...