Monday, November 19, 2007

Sock it to Me Twice!

1. How long have you been knitting? Do you consider yourself beginner, intermediate, advanced?
It'll be 4 years in January. I consider myself to be intermediate/advanced. I'm not afraid to try new techniques. I think the scariest thing would be steeking. Cutting into my knitting on purpose gives me the heebies. I'm going to need try it soon though. Aversion therapy =)

2. How long have you been knitting socks?
Probably for almost 3 and a half years. My third project was a sock. I knit a scarf, a hat and then a sock. The sock took me a month to finish and now lives in my sock yarn drawer without a mate.

3. What are your favorite fibers to work with?
I haven't worked with anything other than wool and cotton. I think I need to branch out from socks, sweaters and dishcloths.

4. What is your favorite color?
If I had to pick one it would be blue. If I was allowed more than one answer it would be blue, pink, purple, green and red.

5. What are your current WIPs (works in progress)?
Hahahaha. Did my husband put you up to this question? The short answer is Selbu Mittens, a pair of socks for a swap, Tangled Yoke Cardi, Enormous Mittens and a hat for the kidlet.

6. Name your favorite yarns, (brand, fibers, colors, etc.).
Blue Moon Fiber Arts, Chewy Spaghetti, Cider Moon

7. What are some yarns/fibers that you stay away from.
None really

8. What is your family situation? (Married, kids, pets?)
Married, 4 year old daughter, 1 Labrador

9. Name some of your hobbies.
Other than knitting I do counted cross-stitch, quilt and sew clothes and costumes on my 'borrowed' sewing machine.

10. Name some of your favorite movies?
Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Silence of the Lambs, The Shawshank Redemption, Braveheart

11. Do you like to read?
I love to read. Before I had my daughter I worked at a bookstore and read a book a day or so. Since having her that has severely dwindled. I miss reading, but I don't think I could read a paperback and knit at the same time. I'm just not that talented.

12. Do you collect anything?
Dog hair and dirty socks? I used to collect frog figurines years ago. If you asked my husband he'd tell you I collect sock yarn.

13. Do you own an iPod or mp3 player?
I have an mp3 player, but I don't use it. Never found a time I needed it =/

14. What are your favorite type of knitting needles?
I'm digging my knitpicks metal dpns at the moment. I would really like to try their new wooden ones, but every time I go to order something they're out.

15. What knitting notion could you not live without?
My sewing needle. Somehow I'm down to one out of the 5 I started with. I guard it with my life.

16. Who are some of your favorite designers?
I don't have any

17. Do you subscribe to any magazines? (Knitting or otherwise.)
I have a subscription to IK

18. When is your birthday?
July 4

19. Do you have a "wishlist", (on Ravelry, Froogle, or Amazon)?
I do on amazon. It's under jessnoyes(at)comcast(dot)net. If the search comes up with children's toys, that's the old list that I can't seem to get rid of =( I don't need anything from that one.

20. Do you have a Ravelry ID?
JessN

21. If you had a sheep, what would you name it?
Clarabelle (yes I know that was a cow. she would also have a pink bow =D)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shawshank Redemption is one of my favorite movies too

Anonymous said...

Shawshank Redemption is one of my favorite movies too. I hope you have wonderful Thanksgiving!

Your lurking SITM spoiler :-)