Monday, January 7, 2008

I did it!



Re-cast on for sock #2 for the Vintage Sock Swap on Thursday and finished in the wee hours of Sunday morning. I really like the pattern (Child's French Sock). It knits up super fast and it's very easy to memorize. Now it's off to the post office for these fellows along with some other goodies for my pal.

I also managed to get a hold of the camera to take pictures of the Christmas yarn that the hubster got for me.
Cherry Tree Hill in Jewels and Gypsy Rose and Dream in Color Smooshy Sock in Ruby River. Soo in love with the Smooshy Sock.



These are the ones I got from The Sheeps Tale. Cherry Tree Hill Cherry Blossom, Wild Cherry, and Winterberry. Opal Neon somethingoranotherIdon'tremember.



And to round it all out I got some pretties from The Loopy Ewe. Cherry Tree Hill Sugar Maple (for Firestarter Socks) and the Claudia Handpainted in Sherbet is for my SITM2 pal. And that, my friends, is the last bit of yarn I'm allowed to order until at least Easter. I figured if I told myself 'No yarn for a year!' I would be stalking the Loopy Ewe for a sneakup or something very shortly. But 3 months is no big deal. If I can make it 3 months and I'm not on edge then I'll see if I can make it to my birthday.

Oh! In the mail on Saturday I got a package from Betty in Hawaii (Hi Betty!) with some beautiful blue multicolored millefiori glass bead stitch markers! My camera battery is currently dead so I can't take a picture, but they did come and they are super pretty and I can't wait to start using them. I guess I'd better get my heiney in gear and finish the last two sets for my pals to send out next week. Or maybe before the end of this week if I'm ambitious.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh. Em. Gee. O.O

The box arrived today! It was waiting at the neighbor's when I got home from work. You are too, too generous!

The socks are GORGEOUS and fit perfectly, and they feel absolutely divine to wear! The hubbler's eyes popped when he saw them, and now he keeps petting my feet!

Thank you so very much! I'm sitting here sipping my hot chocolate with marshmallow fluff and munching the Kisses, trying to pet the Shadow and type at the same time! I just need to choose which pattern to knit with it ... I'm totally in love with the colour. The pen seriously cracked me up; I'm totally going to use it at work. And the stitch markers are fantastic!

And and and!!!!!! What else can I use an exclamation point with?

I'm already picking and choosing what toys I'm going to knit for my nephew out of the book. :)

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!